We are finally finished the nursery! Well, at least for now. It is still in need of some things on the walls and shelves, but we have decided to wait until she arrives and use some of her newborn pictures. This has been such a fun room to decorate... I can't say I've done anything like it!
A little about it... I wanted it to be girly, but I am just not into the baby/soft pinks. So we went another route... HOT PINK! If she's a tomboy, we are in trouble. Also, I didn't want a "themed" room and nothing too babyish. So this is what I've come up with! The room was mostly inspired by the fabric we used for the crib skirt. I was drawn to that and pretty much everything else was picked around that. My favorite part is that many things in the room are either handmade or hand-me-downs, so it is definitely one of a kind!
 |
| Quilt, crib skirt, and mobile are all handmade. |
 |
| I saw this on Etsy and decided I could make it on my own for about 1/3 of the price. |
 |
| The finished quilt that me and mom made. (With a little help from Mae Kulp, thanks Mae!!) |
 |
| Found the rocking chair in my grandparents attic! Pretty neat to have a family piece... just needed some fresh paint! The table was an Ikea table we had laying around, I just painted it a fun teal color. |
 |
| Love these bins I found at Pottery Barn Teen for the changing table. They are all stocked, I'm pretty sure this is the most organized I've ever been! |
 |
| Painted this old frame and matting to go with our decor. |
 |
| Really not sure how we accumulated all these clothes... but I think she's set for awhile! Little dresser was mine when I was a baby! Again, just needed some paint. |
 |
| I swear I haven't bought her any shoes!! They were either gifts or hand-me-downs. A girl can never have too many shoes though, right?! |
If she's not a girl.... we are in trouble!!! :-/ I'm pretty confident in that ultrasound picture, though!
Lookin' good Momma and I love love love the teal...its my fav!
ReplyDelete