This got me thinking... As a nurse, I take care of patients with many physical wounds. We consider patients with wounds of high acuity because they need a lot of extra care and time on our part. These patients usually get dressing changes 2-3 times a day to prevent infection and promote healthy healing. We turn and reposition these patients every 2 hours to relieve the pressure placed on the wound and to prevent it from getting worse. And we medicate these patients around the clock to help relieve their pain and discomfort.
But what do we do for people whose wounds are not physical? This video shows that everyone has wounds, whether they are emotional, spiritual, financial, etc. Are these people not of high acuity too?! It just spoke to me, because I know that I miss this everyday. I get caught up in the busyness of life and don't usually see the needs of others. If it were only as simple as putting on a pair of glasses...
As we are getting ready to become parents, it's things like this that worry me. I want us to be an example and I hope our lives reflect what we truly believe. Something to always work towards! I don't usually blog my thoughts like this, but I did this for myself... so I will remember this when I look back in months and years.
If this video/topic spoke to you too, Pastor Craig had a great message. You can listen to it here:
thats a cool video...I liked it a lot.
ReplyDelete