We have been keeping busy the last couple weeks. My last appointment went well. We got some good news, that the baby is head down and probably won't flip at this point. :) The doctor said I'm "all baby" and there doesn't seem to be much other room in there! She could feel her head, butt, legs, and feet just from pressing hard on my belly. Seems so crazy to me.
We checked one more thing off our to-do list... birthing class. It was a long day, with a ton of information, but I think we are both feeling a little better about the whole process. I'm in the process of coming up with a birth plan, to remind myself of what's important to me on that day (but keeping an open mind, for the things we can't control and knowing things can change in an instant).
I'm still feeling pretty good. Less heart burn... maybe the baby has dropped a little, I don't know. But now I'm starting to get more lower backaches by the end of the day. Nothing terrible, and Matt has been awesome about giving me a little massage every night. Did I mention that he is pretty amazing? He even painted my toenails the other night. :) 34 weeks and no stretch marks, so far! THANK YOU, JESUS! I've decided to work up until 39 weeks, so my maternity leave starts April 15th. Only one more month or 14 more shifts, not that I'm counting.
Here's what Eden's doing this week (from BabyCenter.com)
- She weighs about as much as a cantaloupe and is about 18 inches long.
- Her fat layers are filling out, which will help her regulate her body temperature once born
- Her skin is smoother than ever.
- Her central nervous system is maturing and her lungs are almost fully mature.
- If she is born between now and 37 weeks, she may have a short stay in the NICU, but these babies generally do as well as full-term babies.

No comments:
Post a Comment